Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Syntax

  • Periodic
    •  After needing to the store, then take the dogs for a walk, and picking my sister up from the airport, I finally got to eat my sandwich.
  • Loose
    • After my wisdom teeth were removed, my cheeks were like those of chipmunks. 
  • Parallel 
    •  As a family, we like to watch movies and to take the dogs for walks.
  • Inverted Order 
    •  In came running Suzie.
  • Interrupted Order
    • The sun- orange and bright- rose over the beach and fried everyone like bacon. 
  • Simple 
    •  The dog caught the ball.
  • Compound
    •  The dog caught the ball, but he fell in a mud puddle.
  • Complex
    •  Even though the dog caught the ball, he fell in a mud puddle.
  • Compound-Complex
    • Even thought the dog caught the ball, he fell in a mud puddle, and the pup couldn't come in the house until he was clean.

1 comment:

  1. Hannah - you need to redo periodic, loose, parallel and inverted order.

    ReplyDelete